Monday, September 2, 2013


 
Hello friends! Karibuni and welcome to my blog which will mostly be about my experiences as an El Sistema Fellow over the next nine months and beyond. I want to start with two movies as a way of summing up and celebrating my recent experiences. They will also explain a little more of the background to my studies of El Sistema and the possibilities it has for my work in Arusha, Tanzania. The first movie I created for the El Sistema Fellowship application process that documents a lot of my musical work and experiences at Braeburn School and in the wider Arusha community.



The other is a snapshot of the experiences I've had during the last four years in Tanzania outside of school work. I've tried to get it down to a reasonable duration and I hope you enjoy seeing the countless blessings I have received during my time there!

 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    I'm so impressed, Amelia, by what you've achieved. I didn't understand the range of your musical activities, your choirs, the various instruments you play (a lute too?), and the tremendous enthusiasm of all concerned.

    The videos are very good, though I and Helen concentrated on the second one, as it is more 'family', and were very interested in the photos of you and Kirstin and his family.

    Lots of Love and Best Wishes for the future
    to You and Kirstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great slide show, Millie, and what an amazing life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching the slide shows!! What an exciting journey!! I am so happy that you are part of our family now!! Your soon to be sister-in-law, Sonika x

    ReplyDelete